WELCOME

A good friend once chided: "When Greg gets going it's Gregorian Chant... and when he really get's going, it's Gregorian Rant." My personal blog was born. If you appreciate authentic, straight-forward commentary and conversation about edgy things that matter, those that challenge us most, join us. Follow. Read. Share. Rant.

Who am I? You really can't pin me down.


I love Vivaldi, Kansas, Bethel Worship, Seph Schlueter (my son), Sinatra, Joe Bonamassa, and Gregorian Chant.
I like the Breviloquium, Island of the World, Liturgy & Personality, The Hobbit, Boys in the Boat, A Man Called Ove, All the Light We Cannot See, Tribe, and Sapiens.
I drink refreshing filtered water, Glenmorangie, and Big Bad Baptist (imperial stout).
I do high intensity interval training every day and like a good cigar.
Yesterday on guitar I played Ramble On and Fall Afresh.
Last week on piano I played Come Sail Away and improvised to jazz classics.
I've worked on Hollywood films and silly family films from my phone.
I've been blessed by those in big homes and those in thatched huts.
I'd be delighted to have a beer with Biden, or a Coke with the Donald.
I believe the roots of our Republic are appointed, anointed, and flawed.
I believe that institutions can not love, only people can.
I worship with hands raised and in contemplative silence.
I'm roused by Gladiator and moved to tears by It's A Wonderful Life.
I pray in tongues and chant in Latin.
I'm overwhelmed by kindness and am grieved when peace can only be found on the other side of war.
I've experienced God through miraculous healing, and joy-filled endurance of suffering.

I believe when Catholics rediscover their Evangelical wings and Evangelicals rediscover their Catholic roots we'll be one church lifting this world to heaven. (Article)

I believe truth is not something you speak because it is attractive or easy, but because it corresponds to a little bit of darkness for which you've been entrusted light.

CLICK TO FIND OUT MORE.
Above all, having examined every other path and found them wanting, I am engaged in the adventure of more fully discovering my identity and mission in Jesus Christ, particularly as husband and father of seven children. I believe knowing our mess is necessary to truly knowing our Messiah. As a family, with all our friends, we're singularly motivated to Make God, who IS Love, Known. Our dream is to build regional places for marriage and family revival. (DONATE HERE)

Find out more about our adventure at ILoveMyFamily.us.

Subscribe to Gregorian Rant by Email